Friday, June 25, 2010

First Beginner Project - complete!


Happy Friday to everyone!

I have finished my first bead project!
I hope you like them. I think they turned out nicely and cant wait to keep making more. However, so far, it's a Love/Hate relationship.
I love the finished product but the tediousness of it verifies my serious lack of dexterity. I've been assured that will go away with practice so I will keep practicing!
The bead guru taught me what the procedure was once I got it strung and needed to attach the earring loop. I went to WalMart and purchased a set of three tools for about $8 and then realized after dropping the round hoop (jump ring) a hundred times that I was using the wrong tool. Go figure.


I did realize that sharp scissors are a key to happiness in this project. Each one took about 20 minutes to complete due to beginners trial and error.

I strung them, used a crimp bead, looped a jump ring through the thread and attached the earring hook. Then I got really excited and forgot about how frustrating it was to get the crimp bead on and so forth. I did that five times. :-)

I hope you like them and I think I'm going to move on to a bracelet next.

This is great fun but I still say I dont need another hobby! :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always room for more hobbies ;P